Events in Goregaon this weekend and things to do in and around Goregaon, Andheri and Malad – all on the GHP Weekend listing!
How to use the GHP Weekend listing – Click on each event image for further details
Friday: November 10
Bhadipa presents The Secret Marathi Stand-up Show
Venue: Whistling Woods Andheri Base
Timing: 8.30 – 9.30 pm
Special guests may join in… Or, not.
Note from organisers: Whilst we make every effort to avoid, sometimes the lineups change due to unforeseen circumstances. Dont worry, it will still be a great night of Comedy.
Saturday: November 11
Baking Workshop For Kids
Venue: Bombay Bakerywala, Film City Road, Goregaon E
Timing: 11 am – 1 pm
Enroll your kids to learn to bake and decorate cakes and cookies as Christmas approaches. They will also make a Gingerbread House with Chef Biswas.
Age group: 12 years and above
Click on the Children’s Day Special AD to fill a registration form
Payment details will be communicated after registration is done.
Terms & Conditions:
-Full advance payment by cash / PayTM is necessary to reserve seats
-Seats are limited to 10 kids
-Charges include all materials, snacks and takeaways.
Educationista – Times Prestigious Schools Expo – Mumbai Suburbs
Venue: Bombay Exhibition Centre
Date and Timing: November 11 & 12; 11 am – 7 pm
Times Prestigious Schools Exhibition is an Admission, Counseling and Guidance platform for parents who aspire to provide quality school education to their children. This event is organised by EDUCATIONISTA & The TIMES OF INDIA, which provides an opportunity for parents to access relevant information and other important aspects of school education.
Benefits for Parents:
– A chance to meet International Schools, Boarding Schools from all over India, Day Schools & Pre Schools of your region under one roof.
– Access to detailed school information such as School Infrastructure, Fees structure, Facilities, Student – Teacher Ratio, Teaching Methodology, Transport Facilities & much more, for taking informed decisions
– Interact with the School Representatives and get clarity on Boards and collect information, Brochures, Prospectus & Admission Forms understand & evaluate different types of Curriculum offered
– Complementary knowledge rich workshops & seminars by India’s top Educationists
– One-on-one discussion with school authorities
– On the Spot admissions
Mumbai Comic Con 2017!
Venue: Bombay Exhibition Centre
Date and Timing: November 11 & 12; 11 am – 8 pm
• Saturday Pass: ₹499
• Sunday Pass: ₹499
• Super Fan VIP Pass: ₹1299
Comic Con features the best of comics, movies, television, gaming & cosplay.
With more than a 1 Million visitors over the past 7 years at the shows nationally, Comic Con is THE place for celebrating pop-culture!
Some reasons to attend the show –
- Cosplay: One of the biggest highlights of our shows, is providing fans a space to express themselves. From being your favorite Jedi or friendly neighbourhood Spider Man to coming in as the Mother of Dragons – Khaleesi – Cosplay as you wish! You’ll be joined by thousands of other cosplayers at the show, for a party like no other! Register for the Daily Cosplay Contest and stand a chance to win prizes worth 1,00,000!
- Fan Experience Zones: Crafted for an experience like never before, here’s your chance to enjoy real-world exhibits of your favorite Comics, TV shows, Games, Anime & Movies. Catch the best from the house of Disney, Marvel, Lucas Films, Warner Bros & many more…
- Main Stage: Don’t even think about missing the Main Stage! With sessions & panels every half hour, this is the most action packed spot on the show floor.
Soil Less Organic Kitchen Gardening Workshop At Malad
Venue: Malad West
Timing: 4 – 5.30 pm
What you will learn in this workshop:
– growing plants in our Soil less Organic potting medium
-planting seeds of vegetables in a right way
– watering (how n how much)
– maintaining a food garden in small spaces
– plant life cycle of different vegetables
– planning your own food garden
– tips on making plant fertiliser at home
– recycle and upcycle of organic waste.
– sustainable gardening
and such important aspects of container food gardening.
Each participant will take home planted vegetable seeds in container.
Dine with Kolis
Venue: Versova Koliwada
Timing: 12.45 pm
This meal lets you into the seafood-rich lives of the Koli community, the original inhabitants of Mumbai. This one is happening in Versova and gives you a chance to gorge over some of their toothsome delicacies. Menu includes shark fry, tisrya masala, prawns in gravy and much more. Please note that there is a 5-minute walk through the Koli village and hence would suggest not getting a self driven car. This meal will be recorded by professional cameramen for creating an internal video.
A Night under the Stars
Venue: Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
Dates and Timings: November 11, 4.30 pm – November 12, 10.30 am
The monsoon is well behind us and we can expect clear skies now. SGNP is restarting the overnight camping season.
Camps welcome stressed, weary Mumbaikars to seek a pure, nocturnal wilderness experience, filled with interesting natural history and interstellar insights! Do make use of this opportunity as the forest promises to awe-inspire you all with a scintillating camping delight.
Age Group: Open for all
Camp costs are inclusive of dormitory accommodation, food, internal travel, all sessions and resource people.
Maximum number of participants: 25
Venue: Goregaon west
Timing: 1 pm
Superb preparations and fabulous aromatic flavours of the Kashmiri food is so alluring that even those who are not feeling hungry end up yearning for more!
Experience real Kashmiri cuisine and hospitality with home-chef Jasleen in Mumbai.
Hosting weekend events in Goregaon soon? Get listed in the GHP Weekend listing! Connect with us via FB or email email@example.com and we would live to list your weekend events in Goregaon in the next
GHP Weekend listing!
Stay tuned to GHP for all weekday and weekend events in Goregaon!
Join the GHP Facebook group to stay tuned to updates on the Goregaon Highway Pulse blog! Leave your comments so I know how you liked this post and the GHP blog.